It is a pretty wonderful feeling looking out over Newcastle ocean baths having ridden all through the night from Sydney.
But if you want to make it to the wonderful post ride feeling, you need to not only turn up and peddle but also tick a few boxes before the ride.
- Make sure you have registered, if you haven’t done it yet, then register here.
- Make sure you and your bike meet the lighting requirements. Without two independent front lights, two independent rear lights, a red reflector attached to the bike and a reflective vest we cannot sign you in.
- Sign in will take place at York lane bar from 6:00-8:00 pm or at observatory hill from 8:10-8:45 pm.
- It is worth repeating that Newcastle Overnight is neither a race nor a charity ride. There is no mechanical support enroute nor is there a sweep wagon. If you are unable to finish the ride then you need to make your own way home, via hitching, train, or a call to a friend.
- Around 60 km in at Mt White and at 120km in at, Budgewoi we will have a road side tea stop. Staffed by some of our lovely volunteers, tea, coffee and snacks will all be offered. Bring coins or small bills to express your gratitude.Note this carefully please: Even if we advertise a food spot there is every chance they could run out of food before you get there. Two bottles of water is a good idea, and at least a few things to eat. You should be taking on some food and definitely water at least every hour throughout the night.
Please make sure that you bring something to eat and drink with you.
Above all ride safe, have fun, look out for your fellow riders and enjoy the challenge.