The Route

20 Nov

So after an overnight scoping expedition we have a route. You can dowload it to your Garmin, print it out and point a torch at it, or replicate it in minute detail with a biro on the back of your hand. There was plenty to see along the way, though a lot of it was shrouded in darkness.. We did discover a number of 24 hr “providores” including a Scottish restaurant in Bateau Bay.

Garmin Route

If you want the route in Google or .tcx or .gpx formats drop us a line on

newcastleovernight@gmail.com

Advertisements

11 Responses to “The Route”

1. Corsair November 20, 2012 at 9:14 am #

Any danger of publishing this on Google Maps (or Endomondo)?

• newcastleovernight November 20, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

I can’t think of any reason not to, so feel free to go ahead. I’ve not tried to turn a Garmin course into a google maps route but I’m sure it will be possible.

2. Peter H November 21, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

As I don’t have a garmin device I was wondering if you could post the course as a GPX file?

Thanks

• newcastleovernight November 21, 2012 at 10:17 pm #

We will have a go at exporting. I would not say I’m an expert at all this so the results may be a little odd. Still will try

• G November 26, 2012 at 11:31 am #

Send an email to newcastleovernight@gmail.com and we will send you the files

3. Slow and steady... November 22, 2012 at 8:19 am #

So I’m really keen to do this. But any idea whether there will be a “back of the pack” group? I’m pretty sure I’m fit enough, but I’ve got legs more like a sprinter than a climber, at least that’s what I tell myself when I’m a bit slow up hills, and the route’s a bit hilly at times. I don’t particularly want to ride by myself all night..! Any other “tortoises” doing this ride?

• newcastleovernight November 25, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

Hi,
      Its not a race and not much point being there before 6am, so 20 km/HR will be a good pace. I think that there will be a slow bunch, probably with me in it !

• intrepidgirl November 26, 2012 at 10:52 am #

I want to do it too but am worried bout being left behind. Cycle buddies?

• intrepidgirl November 26, 2012 at 10:53 am #

I want to this too buy am worried about bein last. Cycle buddies?

• newcastleovernight November 26, 2012 at 11:26 am #

It’s not a race, plan is to be there by morning…

There will be people at all sorts of different pace.

Also there are bail out options at Cowan (40km) at 11:40pm

• Majella November 29, 2012 at 3:30 am #

I’m also a tortoise and I will be there!