Is it too early to say ‘second annual Newcastle Overnight Ride’?

3 Apr

400404_612562380111_312827522_n

Advertisements

7 Responses to “Is it too early to say ‘second annual Newcastle Overnight Ride’?”

1. Julio May 29, 2013 at 12:17 pm #

Yes, I missed the last one due to an unfortunate accident and after hearing about the dynamo in London I’d like to be involved.

2. jkeltgv July 24, 2013 at 10:17 am #

Have you a date yet? I’m a Sydney boy now living in the UK (and i’ve done the “original” Dunwich Dynamo too) who’ll be back in Australia during January 2014…..I’d be so up for it…..just need to make sure mum hasn’t sold my old Peugeot to make space for her retirement hobby.

• newcastleovernight October 20, 2013 at 10:41 pm #

Yes, we have a date. It’s the 16th of November, nearly a Full Moon.

3. LR August 9, 2013 at 8:34 am #

Nope, pick a date! Assuming the sky is going to be clear, 23rd of November looks like the best choice from a moonlight point of view: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=240&month=11&year=2013&obj=moon&afl=-11&day=1

This was the route I navigated from last time, approximately canonical except for in Newcastle itself, http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=482556

• newcastleovernight October 20, 2013 at 10:42 pm #

We have gone with the 16th of November, closest date to the Full Moon we could find. (moon is full on the 17th)

4. Daniel August 24, 2013 at 7:30 am #

Sure hope not! I saw the ad for this ride last year after the event had already run and, so long as it doesn’t clash with any races, I’m definitely doing it this year. This is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever heard of, therefore I must do it.

5. Den Rod September 7, 2014 at 9:07 am #

Missed last years due to rain but after hearing that other crazy riders still did it I’m not missing it for the world! See you all there.